CSQA ‘IFS Food’ mark
Innovation within tradition, and commitment to improving quality standards are the mainstay of the company philosophy of the award-winning G Bertagnolli Distillery. Their numerous efforts made in this regard have been rewarded with the receipt of the IFS Food certification issued by CSQA, with the highest rating: Higher Level version 6, of April 2014.
This certification, recognised both Europe-wide and globally, is a standard relating to food security that aims to strengthen and promote food security throughout the whole supply chain.
Its main elements are:
- adoption of good practice adoption of the HACCP system
- adoption of a well-documented quality management system
- standard monitoring of: working environment; products; production processes and employee well-being
- existence of appropriate specifications for:
- raw materials (including packaging materials)
- end products
- intermediate/part-processed products (where requested)
- supplier monitoring
- site position
- generation, collection and disposal of waste
- hygiene standards and provision of hygiene facilities for employees
- process inspections